Thursday, March 24, 2005

Super Specs Amazon Computer Trigger Raving Reviews

Michael Froomkin at Discourse.net links to an Amazon mess up of the specs on a Viewsonic computer:
  • Processor: 10.00 GHz AMD Athlon
  • Number of Processors: 1
  • RAM: 2000 MB
  • RAM Type: DIMM
  • Operating System: DOS
  • Hard Drive - Size: 30000 GB -Type: IDE
  • Weight: 14.00 hundredths-pounds
Some raving "reviews" in the comment section, e.g.:

-I had planned on using this computer to download the internet. You know, as a back up, I was even going to offer to host it on my new Viewsonic in case there was a nuclear war or something.

-Mine just arrived yesterday, and man is it fast. I loaded Folding At Home (FAH), and it instantly found a cure for cancer and parkinsons.

-At first this computer was really cool. I'd walk off my plane and women would flock to me like bees to honey. I didn't even have to pay them for the night anymore! I was popular.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home